This dessert was made for a client's dinner party at her home. It was a raspberry bavarian cream layered between chocolate cake and wrapped with a chocolate band.
A light but intense in flavor dessert, perfect after a heavy meal.
The picture here is of an extra dessert I put on a paper plate for the caterer to taste. Yummy!!
15 ½ Ounces Granulated Sugar
9 Ounces All Purpose Flour
3 ¾ Ounces Cocoa Powder (sift after measuring)
1 ½ Teaspoon Baking Powder
1 ½ Teaspoon Baking Soda1
½ Teaspoon Salt
2 Large Eggs (room temperature)
1 Cup Whole Milk
½ Cup Canola Oil
2 ½ Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
7 Liquid Ounces Boiling Water
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees. Spray and line with parchment 2 - 1/2 sheet pans.
2. This should be done by hand. No mixer necessary.
3. Place all dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl and whisk to combine.
4. Place all wet ingredients except water into another bowl and mix together.
5. Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and stir until well combined.
6. Boil water in microwave, add and stir to combine.
7. Pour into prepared pans.
8. Bake 30 to 40 minutes.
RASPBERRY BAVARIAN CREAM
1 Cups Milk
5 Ounces Sugar
5 Egg Yolks
4 Gelatin Sheets
1 Cups Raspberry Puree
12 Ounces Heavy Cream
1. Soften Gelatin in ice water. Set aside.
2. Sprinkle a little of the sugar into the bottom of a saucepan and pour the milk over it. Bring to a boil.
3. Mix the remaining sugar into the yolks and temper the yolks and milk.
4. Cook the mixture to 180 degrees. Remove from heat and strain.
5. Add the gelatin and stir to melt it.
6. Add the raspberry puree and stir over an ice bath until cool to the touch but not set.
7. Whip the cream to soft peak and incorporate it into the raspberry mixture.
To assemble the desserts:
Line PVC pipes, cut to the desired size, with acetate. Cut out a cake round and place it in the pvc. Pipe the raspberry bavarian cream on top of the cake, place another cake round over the cream then pipe the cream all the way to the top and level off. Freeze.
Unmold the desserts, temper semi sweet chocolate, spread it over a transfer sheet that has been cut to size and wrap it around the frozen dessert. Place in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Peel off the plastic and plate up.